A planned shutdown for maintenance will make email, campus websites and all other network connectivity to Information Technology Services systems, applications and services unavailable in the early morning hours of Oct. 18 and 19.
The shutdown of ITS data centers is a critical maintenance project necessary to replace network routers that are at the end of their serviceable lives.
The complete shutdown of network connectivity will take place:
• Thursday, Oct. 18, 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
• Friday, Oct. 19, 5:30 a.m. to 7 a.m.
Some services may experience delays in returning to full operation after the outage. Consult the ITS System Status page for up-to-the-minute information.
Users should expect many, if not all, services to be interrupted both mornings. Among these services are:
• Exchange (email)
• ConnectCarolina (Campus Solutions for faculty, staff and students)
• Research Computing systems
• HR systems, including HRIS and EPAWeb
• Finance systems, including Time Information Management (TIM), ePro, TouchNet, InDEPTh, Check Request, Web Travel, and Web Vendor
• All University websites
• And other systems
Thursday’s outage will have less impact, limited primarily to Exchange (email) and some administrative applications. The overwhelming majority of, if not all, services will be impacted during the Friday morning window.
This will not directly impact departmental hosted systems in these data centers, which are on different routers, but will have an indirect impact to the extent these systems depend on ITS services.
Please contact the ITS Help Desk at 919-962-HELP with any questions.
Published October 12, 2012.